Liebster Awards!

Saturday, July 27, 2013
After all of the craziness I have been through with my blog. and having to start from scratch, I can't tell you how EXCITED I am to have been nominated for the Liebster award not once, but twice!  I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Lauren at The Traveling Teacher and Ms. Wu at Diary of a Second Grade Teacher for the nominations.  :)
In order to accept this award I need to do the following:
1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees
5. Share 11 random facts about myself
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them

Lauren's Questions


1. What song describes your personality?
I think the song that best describes my personality is "She's an American Girl" by Trisha Yearwood.  I am a huge American Pride, red, white, and blue, love 4th of July kind of girl.

2. What is one item in your classroom that you could not live without?
My computer

3. How did you end up teaching at the school you are at?
I left my job for a school that is closer to my home and has a supportive administration.

4. If you weren’t a teacher, what would you be?
Police Officer

5. What is your favorite hobby outside of school?
Crafting

6. What is your favorite unit/concept to teach?
Hmm....I think there are a couple.  I love to teach graphing, California Gold Rush, and plants.

7. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
I would stay right where I am.

8. What is your favorite thing about having summers off?
I am able to travel!

9. How do you spend your weekends during the school year?
Relaxing or traveling.

10. How do you unwind after a long day of school?
Zoning out on reality tv or sitting in the hot tub.

11. If you could time travel, what era/time period would you go to?
I think I would go back to the 80's. I miss my Stussy shirts and Hyper Color.  :)


Ms. Wu's Questions

1. Why did you decide to start a teaching blog?
I got hooked on TBA and it inspired me to start one.

2. Where do you teach?
I teach at a private school in the East Bay Area

3. What's your favorite subject to teach?
That's a tie:  Science and Math

4. Who is your teaching role model?
Her name was Mrs. Moore.  I loved her.  She was my 3rd grade teacher.

5. Do you use a classroom theme? What is it this year?
YES!  I will be using owls!

6. Where do you buy most of your teaching materials?
Really Good Stuff and Lakeshore Learning

7. What's one piece of advice on classroom management you would give to other teachers?
Stick to it.   Don't backdown.  

8. How do you usually spend your summers?
Traveling or in the pool.

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I would stay right here!

10. What's a quote that inspires you?
"Don't let the fear or striking out, keep you from playing the game."

11. What's your favorite movie?
Dirty Dancing

11 Facts about Me

1. I have 2 brothers.
2. I used to be afraid of flying...then I got over it.
3. I am allergic to shellfish.
4. I love New Kids on the Block.
5. Europe is my next big vacation spot.
6. I hate mushrooms.
7. I love Rocky Road ice cream.
8. I have this crazy interest in visiting Cuba...thank you Havana Nights.
9. I love the water...ocean and pool...but will NOT swim in a lake.
10. I love to cook.
11.  I really want a dog.

5 blogs I am nominating

Julie at Creativity Crazy

My Questions for My Nominees!!!!

1.  What is your favorite subject to teach?
2.  If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3.  What is the most unique gift a student has given you?
4.  What is your theme for the upcoming school year?
5.  What is the one thing in your classroom you can not live without?
6.  What is your favorite food?
7.  What is your favorite thing to do on summer vacation?
8.  If there was one chore that you would never have to do again, what would it be and why?
9.  If you could travel to one period in time, what would it be and why?
10.  What is your favorite kind of music?
11.   What is your favorite holiday besides summer?


Wow! That took some time!  Once you are done, please follow me!  Good luck on your Liebster challenge!

Brianne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top