LIEBSTER AWARD WINNER! No WAY!

Sunday, November 23, 2014
OMG!!!!  I can't believe it has taken me THIS LONG to get this blog post up!!!!  It's been a CRAZY 2 weeks, between being totally sick, getting report cards done, and planning our NorCal Teacher Meet Up!  I don't even know where to begin!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Aileen at Mrs. Miracle's Music Room, Misha at Frantastic 2nd Grade, and My favorite Texas girl, Ally at Loopin' Littles!!!!!  You ladies seriously know how to make a girl smile!!!!!  I love all 3 of you!!!!   I love that each one came with a different design too!  :)




As part of the award, I am asked to share a little more information about myself and this little blog of mine. Afterwards, I am asked to nominate 11 other bloggers that deserve this award! 
Here I go!  

1.) Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
A few summer's ago, I was living back at my parents house because my condo was flooded by a broken sprinkler system.  I wasn't able to sleep and didn't have access to all the things that I usually did when I was wide awake, so I began searching for new ideas for the following school year.  I found a blog that had a link to Lessons with Laughter and things spiraled out of control from there.  The next thing I knew, it was 4am.  I had started my own blog called "From Behind the Lavender Door" and was SO excited.  The blog named changed, but the rest is history…here I am…still blogging and LOVING it!

2. ) What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Whole-Hearted.  Ok, so technically this is 2 words, but it's hyphenated to make it 1.  :)  I have really put my heart into my blog.  I know I am still a new blogger and have a LONG way to go, but when I post, I post with my heart.

3.) Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?

I wish I had known that it's never good to change the name of your blog.  When I left my last school, they deleted my email account and my blog went with it.  I had to change the name of my blog and lost all my followers.  

4.) What is your favorite past time other than blogging?

I think my favorite past time other than blogging would be spending time with my family and friends.  I love my family and friends to the moon and back!  

5.) How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?

I honestly don't spend enough time on my blog.  Some weeks it's hours and hours, and other weeks I am lucky if I get on here at all.  I really need to set aside some blog time each day!
6.) What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?

I think the best part of exploring other people's blogs is seeing what the other classrooms looks like, things they are doing in the classroom, and seeing how much you have in common with people you don't even know!  

7.) Where does your blog inspiration come from?

Molly at Lessons with Laughter is my inspiration!  I fell in love with the idea of blogging after looking at hers!  So many creative ideas!

8.) Which post that you've written are you most proud of?

I wrote a post about our "I Am" projects not to long ago.  This is a project that I really enjoyed having my students do and it led to a really nice compliment from a fellow teacher.  After seeing them up on the wall, she came to me and said she really liked the idea and what it promotes and that we should all do them next year (meaning everyone on the upstairs level 5th-8th).  That meant a LOT to me coming from her.  

9.) Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?

This one!!!!  I have been thinking about it for 2 weeks!!!!  I have just been so swamped!  

10.) What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

I love the networking aspect.  There are teachers on here from all over the world!  I actually connected with a teacher in my district through blogging!  We sit in the same meetings all year long.  Who knew!?

11.) Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most likely to try yourself?

I really want to try making QR Codes!!!!  This is something I am going to need to learn and try!


Now it's time for me to nominate 11 other well deserving teachers!! Check them out!



To those nominated, here are the rules:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination Brianne! I'm no longer a new blog though and have had the award a few times before. All the best to you! !
    Elyse
    Proud to be Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Brianne, for nominating me! Your blog is adorable! Like Elyse above, though, I am not a new blogger either, as I've been blogging for several years. But thanks anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top